2023 Community Ski Swap
October 22, 2023
Date/Time: Sunday, Oct. 23th 9am to noon
Location: Snow Summit Resort
Don’t miss this opportunity to get your hands on winter gear for the upcoming season! Come buy, sell or swap skis, boards, boots, winter outdoor clothing, and more! Be sure to enter our SSRT Raffle!
If you’re looking to sell- Please be certain to bring your items priced to sell. We ask that 20% of all sales go to benefit the BBSEF (Big Bear Ski Education Foundation).
The Community Ski Swap will be a great place to bargain shop for the upcoming season or clean out your garage of used winter equipment and gear. Local ski shops Getboards and Goldsmiths to name a few will be on hand for sizing and questions.
What and How to Sell at the Swap
WHAT: Skis, Ski Boots, Poles, Snowboards and Boots, Helmets and other WINTER GEAR.
- Gather and clean up your WINTER equipment, and figure out what you want to sell your items for….be realistic when you are pricing!
- Bring gear to Snow Summit BEFORE 8:30 AM to get checked in with one of
our volunteers and then get your gear set up to sell.
- You will need to stay at the swap and be responsible for selling your gear.
To Purchase at the Swap: BRING CASH! Some sellers may accept checks, VENMO or ZELLE, but we
can’t guarantee that they will be accepted at the swap.
After the Swap: Please total up your gear sales and check out with the ski swap volunteers. We expect that you will donate 20% to the team. Please make sure your selling area is cleaned up before leaving.
All equipment is sold “as is” and there are absolutely no warranties for condition or suitability.
Interested in the Snow Summit Race team or already signed up but have questions? There will be an SSRT information booth at the Ski Swap where you can talk to a coach and/or SSRT representative with any questions you might have about the program. This will also be the location to drop off any silent auction baskets for the THINK SNOW! 2023 fundraiser which is on 12/2/23
**RACE TEAM MEMBERS**
- This swap is a great place to sell used Speed Suits, Race Poles, Protective Equipment, Race Helmets, Race Gloves, and Tuning Equipment.
- You are NOT allowed to sell SNOW SUMMIT RACE TEAM UNIFORMS to the public. These are to be sold ONLY to SSRT members.
- Bring your racer, to make sure the size works.
- Bring your questions. We will have coaches and equipment reps on hand to help you with questions regarding condition, appropriate sizing and length.
- Getboards and Goldsmith’s will also be available to provide families the chance to order equipment with the race team discount. We’ll also have Rep’s from Atomic and Head on hand to answer questions.
PLEASE NOTE- USSA and FAR WEST Helmet rules:
- U14 and above must have a FIS helmet for competitions and official training
- U12 and below at least must have a helmet “designed for ski racing” but FIS approved helmets are recommended for U8-U12 athletes.
- NO Helmet camera mounts may be worn. Helmets shall have no spoilers nor protruding parts.
Ski Swap Questions
Contact Jack Roberts (703)220-8618 or firstname.lastname@example.org